A Code 49 message ("Nike+ Connect wasn't able to connect to nikeplus.com") appears when no Internet connection is available or a miscommunication occurred between Nike+ Connect and Nikeplus.com during a Nike+ SportWatch GPS update.
If you receive Code 49 with your SportWatch, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Click "Try again" within the Code 49 message box.
- If the first retry is unsuccessful, try again up to three times.
- If Code 49 persists, check your Internet connection.
- If Code 49 continues, please visit verify that the Nikeplus.com site is available. If the website is down for maintenance, please try again later when the site is available again.
- If you still receive Code 49, the problem may be with your computer configuration.
- If you are on a business computer, accessing a VPN network from home, behind a firewall, or connected via a proxy, you may experience issues connecting to Nike+.
- Please try connecting your device to a home computer where these potential issues are not a factor.
- If no other computer is available, work with the network administrator to gain access to Nikeplus.com on your network.
If you are unable to resolve Code 49, please call us.