To follow the process outlined here, you will need Nike+ enabled shoes, a Nike+ Sport Charger, a Nike+ Sport Adapter, and two (2) Nike+ Sport Sensors - one for each shoe. Follow these steps to set up your Nike+ Basketball shoes:
- Download and install Nike+ Connect on your computer.
- Wake up your Nike+ Sport Sensors.
- Insert the sensors into the Nike+ Sport Charger, then connect the charger to the USB port on your computer.
- Nike+ Connect will open automatically and allow you to update the Nike+ Sport Sensors.
- Keep the Nike+ Charger connected to your computer until the Nike+ Sport Sensors are fully charged.
- The green LED means that the sensor is fully charged.
- Open the Nike+ Basketball app, tap "LOG IN" and sign in to your NikePlus Profile on the app.
- Note: The Nike+ Basketball app is no longer available for download in the iTunes App Store. If you are an existing user with the app already downloaded and installed, you can continue to use the app as you've done in the past. Be aware that if you have the Nike+ Basketball app installed and upgrade to iOS 8, you will no longer be able to use the app, as it isn't compatible with iOS 8. For more information, please click here.
- If you aren't already connected with NikePlus, tap "Join Now" on the Log In screen.
- Pair your Nike+ Sport Sensors and Nike+ Basketball/Training shoes to the app.
- If you are using an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 or iPod touch, connect the Nike+ Sport Adapter to your mobile device. You do not need to use the Nike+ Sport Adapter if you are using the iPhone 4S or 5.
- Open the app and log in (if you're not already logged in). The app will search for shoes that have already been paired to the device. Tap "PAIR MY SHOES" when prompted and follow the instructions.
- When prompted by the app, insert Nike+ Sport Sensor into left shoe pocket, press the heel sensor, and wait for the confirmation message in the app (this may take up to 10 seconds).
- Repeat this step for the right shoe when prompted by the app.
Once you complete these steps, you can open the app anytime and track your game with Nike+ Basketball.