When using Nike + iPod, you can play music, the radio, podcasts or audiobooks while you run. Choose your device from below to see the available music or audio selections:
- Genius Mixes: Created for your by iTunes and plays songs from your library that go well together. To use Genius Mixes, turn on Genius in iTunes.
- Playlists: Plays playlists that you've created in iTunes and synced to your iPod nano.
- Radio: Plays the radio selection that you have already selected on your iPod nano (6th generation).
- Podcasts: Plays podcasts you've synced from iTunes.
- Audiobooks: Plays audiobooks you've synced from iTunes.
- Shuffle Songs: Plays songs shuffled randomly from your music library. To shuffle a playlist rather than your entire music library, start the playlist in shuffle mode before setting up your Nike+ workout. Then, when setting up your workout preferences, select "now playing" in the Music menu.
- None: No music.
iPhone or iPod touch
- Playlists: Plays playlists that you've created in iTunes and synced to your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Shuffle Songs: Plays songs shuffled randomly from your music library.
- Now Playing: Displays only when you are already playing music/audio out of the iPhone/iPod touch Music app. This option allows you to keep listening to what you're already playing.
- None: Plays no music from the Music app during your run.
To play an album, audiobook, or podcast on the iPhone/iPod touch, exit out of Nike + iPod. Open your Music app, start playing the audio, tap Nike + iPod again, set up your run and select "Now Playing" in the music field.
If you want to listen to streaming audio out of another app, play the audio out of the app, tap Nike + iPod, set up your run and select "None" in the music field.